31 January 2010

Humble Pie

I don't like arrogance in people. At all. It is attractive on no one. Be Humble.

Psalms 149:4
For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation. 

I'm watching the grammys. And the Black Eyed Peas are on. And while I like their music (and perhaps the fact that one of them finally stood up to Perez!) They are very arrogant. And it just makes me like them a lot lot less.

Along the same lines of being humble, sometimes when there are things in your life that you can't control, you just need to take a step back and give it back to God. He knows what He is doing. He has a plan. I know sometimes we want to take control of our lives. But, its not our lives to control. And we need to remember that.

The changes I was speaking of, have fallen through. I'm a little bummed, but I know He has a plan for me.And I think he has other things in the works for me and my life. I'm taking my ASVAB on Tuesday afternoon. Right? Raise your hand if your shocked! *raises hand* Never thought that would happen. I always thought about it, but to actually be doing it?? Shocking to say the least. I'm nervous at the thought. Because really, huge changes could be in store. Am I ready? Like really ready? Only time will tell. And I know that God has a plan for me.

They did tell me, I need to lose weight. Okay they didn't tell me. But they said as far as the weight chart goes, I'm like 7 pounds over. Harsh no? Its kind of embarrassing to have 3 guys in an office discussing your weight :( Its good motivation. This weekend I've ran almost 6 miles. Which isn't a lot. But, when you take someone who really wasn't exercising, it is a lot.

I'll let you know how everything works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment