28 October 2010

So...

Okay, my fabulous friend Justine pointed something out to me. And she is one of those people who can say something and actually make me think about it.

She said that my last blog sounded like I was cutting people down. Please don't take it that way. It is not what I meant.

My mom was (and still is) a housewife. She quit her job when I was in third grade and hasn't looked back. She is one of my best friends. I wouldn't give that up for anything in the world.

I have the utmost respect for women who stay home and raise their children. My brothers and I would not be the people that we are had she not been home.

She and my dad have always told  me to get an education. Because, there may be a day (and there WILL be a day) where I need to support myself. And that day would have been made easier by getting my education first.

Women are already married without education. And that is awesome. And there is nothing wrong with getting an education after you are married. But, the point? Get an education, some way some how.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't mean to be a butthole! I do think an education is important, but not necessary. I guess the only part that erked me was that you can't count on your spouse to be around forever. When I say this, I'm NOT cutting you down and insulting you. I think when God is the center of a marriage regardless, you CAN count on your spouse to be around for as long as it's our choice.

    I do understand what you're trying to say and where you're coming from, though, and I think you have a lot of good insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely don't think you were being a butthole. I see the benefit in taking a step back from what I post (almost all are spur of the moment train of thought posts) and looking at it with fresh eyes. I was even slightly wary because I was afraid it would come across that way.

    And there is always that unforseen chance. God has a plan that is bigger than any of us. And there is a part of me that wonders if God meant for me to go through this with him. If there was a reason. I'm not quite decided on that issue though.

    ReplyDelete