04 September 2010

Gut wrenching Pain

My heart is hurting today. Gut wrenching pain. There are certain things in this world that we all wish we could fix. That we wish we could make go away.

My heart aches for a friend of mine. She found out on Thursday that the love of her life, her boyfriend was killed in Afghanistan. Justine texted me to tell me, the moment she found out. All I could say to her was "I don't understand. I don't get it." Over and over and over. You see, Chrissy is one of the most amazing women I have ever had the privilege of speaking to knowing. She is nice and sweet to everyone that she comes across. I can't remember a negative word ever coming from her. So after I stopped repeating that I didn't understand, I started asking "why Chrissy? Why Josh? Why them? It's not fair."

I have never questioned the things God has done. I'm not kidding. Even with the divorce I always assumed there was some reason. But this, this I just don't get. Why would God do this to them? I really wish I had an answer, but I don't know that any of us ever will.

We are all a part of this amazing group of women who in less than 24 hours after finding out, had raised over $1000 for her. Women who aren't even active on the site any longer were chipping in. There are no words for that kind of heart and giving. We may have our differences, but boy when we need to, we can get it together.

This life isn't fair. The military life sucks. I hate that this had to happen.

Please please, if anything comes of this, don't forget to tell those around you how much you love them and how grateful you are for them.

I wish I could give her one more call, one more hug, one more kiss... something from him. Anything. I wish she didn't hurt like this.

Chrissy, I wish I could take your pain away. All of us girls want to put our arms around. We want to be there with you and scream and yell and do whatever you need to do. If you need anything at all, I am here for you. Please do not hesitate to ask. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment