12 April 2011

JACC- Part 2 and Looking Forward

As it turns out, I don't feel like outing the offending party. There was some drama, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm glad I went. It was an opportunity that I'm not sure I will get to have again. If I stay at my current school, then I will probably have the chance. But, given that I am applying to three 4-year universities this summer, who knows what my future holds.
I learned some incredible things this weekend. I just wish that I would have had more time to attend more lectures. I got to attend two... two. I'm a bit upset that I didn't get to go to some more. There were some that I would like to have seen. But, now I know for next year.
Yes, next year. If I stay at this school, then I fully intend to write and be an active part of the newspaper.
But, when all is said and done, I am very glad that I went this weekend. It left me wanting to do about 1,000 things. I'm thinking about sports writing. And being a country music reporter. Or still, social media marketing.
They never should have let me go to this conference.
If I knew how busy I would be this weekend, then I would have had my homework prepared in advance. It's definitely not the most stressful week I've ever had at school. But in retrospect, waiting until AFTER the conference was a terrible idea. But, I thought I would have a minute to stop and write part of my paper. Nope. I did get one page read in my communications book. Go me. But, as of now, I am caught up. I have two articles to do this week. So maybe "caught up" isn't the right word. "On schedule" may be more accurate. It will work out alright.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad in the grander scheme of things, you're excited to try a lot of different things! JACC did that to me, too. :P

    ReplyDelete