05 March 2011

Come in with the Rain

Wow! Long time no post. Its been a busy few weeks. School keeps me super busy most of the time.

School is going well, though. I'm actually enjoying most of it. So that's good. I'm not a big fan of my Spanish class, but only because it is so absolutely redundant that it gets old. My English class is a bit out there, but what can you learn if you don't challenge yourself? I know that I am strong enough in my beliefs that I don't mind them being challenged. My English professor actually mentioned to us, on one of the first days, that college is a place where you have to challenge what you believe in and push your knowledge. If you don't, there is nothing left for you to learn. If you don't challenge yourself and your knowledge, you walk into college thinking you know everything about everything, and you won't be open to new information. And I completely agree with him.

On April 7, I am going to a journalism conference. I've been writing for the school's paper this semester. And the advisor mentioned the conference and wasn't sure how many she should take. And she took the list of everyone who was interested. However, when she told us that, I started having second thoughts. I was in the middle of an article that, I felt, was an absolute disaster. And I felt like I wasn't good enough to go and didn't want the school to waste their money. But, on the very last day to confirm, I emailed her and told her that. She told me that she wanted me to go, that I had the talent and it needed to be refined. So, I sucked up the insecurities and confirmed that I would in fact be going. So, we'll see how that goes.

The rest of my life is a beautiful disaster. I am, without a doubt, not where I wanted to be at 25. I am nowhere near it. I'm happy, though. It seems like everything is coming together, according to His plan. I figured that would happen eventually, I've just been waiting for it. I am almost in a spot where I just have to keep doing my part and it all flows. No real decisions to be mad. It's nice to relax and enjoy the ride.

I was listening to a Taylor Swift song on my way home from dinner with some friends tonight. The song is called "Come in with the Rain." And its incredible. But, the chorus hit me. I realize the whole song isn't about this, but I found a different meaning for the chorus and a few other parts.


I could go back to every laugh
But I don't want to go there anymore and I
know all the steps up to your door
But I don't want to go there anymore
Talk to the wind, talk to the sky
Talk to the man with the reasons why
And let me know what you find

I'll leave my window open
Cause I'm too tired tonight
to call your name
Just know I'm right here hoping
You'll come in with the rain

I could stand up and sing you a song
But I don't want to have to go that far and I
I've got you down, I know you by heart
And you don't even know where I start
Talk to yourself, talk to the tears
Talk to the man who put you here
Don't wait for the sky to clear

CHORUS

I've watched you so long
screamed your name
I don't know what else
I can say

But I'll leave my window open
Cause I'm too tired tonight
for all these games
Just know I'm right here hoping
You'll come in with the rain

I could go back to every laugh
But I don't want to go there
anymore..

Okay, so not all of it holds this meaning. But here's the way I hear it.


I'll leave my window openCause I'm too tired tonightto call your nameJust know I'm right here hopingYou'll come in with the rain

Basically, that part, I see as like 'I am so worn out from trying to find the one, that I have just left the windows open in hopes that he is looking for me. Because I can't keep trying so hard.


I could stand up and sing you a songBut I don't want to have to go that far
This one, I see as like I could do all these things that are not me, to make you like me, but I don't want to do that. I want you to like me for me.


Talk to yourself, talk to the tearsTalk to the man who put you hereDon't wait for the sky to clear

Basically, in a sentence? Leave it all to God.

And that is what I am trying to do. Leave everything to God. I've tried driving the car that is my life, and I just cannot do it anymore. My plan doesn't work. It's time to be a passenger.

Sorry, its just one of those nights.

1 comment:

  1. I may have shrieked a little when I saw your link on facebook and noticed the TSwift reference =)
    I think you really deciphered the song well... I'd believe that it actually means what you think it means.

    ReplyDelete