25 July 2010

Comic Con 2010

I'm not a fan of comic books. I've never read Superman, Batman or anything of the like. I don't watch Anime and I know nothing of artists. But, when someone told me they had passes and asked if I wanted to go, I jumped at the chance. Living in San Diego, you always hear about comic con. In fact, last year I went to downtown San Diego to a club, the weekend of Comic Con. And we saw people, at midnight, still dressed up. Its an intense weekend for the people who are into it. But, like I said, its not my thing.

When you first walk into the San Diego Convention Center, it is overwhelming. There are booths as far as the eye can see. That doesn't even include all the people who come in character. I spent most of the day asking "who is that?" "who is he supposed to be?" I'm pretty sure if I asked it one more time, someone was going to stab me with one of their costume swords. I admit, it was probably annoying, but I didn't know. So it's not my fault. At least I was interested right? The thing that confused me, why were all the girls so scantily clad? That doesn't make sense. I saw two girls in complete lingerie. Corsets, thigh highs lingerie. That, that part I didn't get. And dorky girls, they aren't the ugly girls you remember from high school. I mean, some of them were, but most of them, made me feel ugly.

The first part of the convention that I saw was simply comic books. Batman #1's and amazing Spiderman's. Which, is cool. But, I remained unphased. But as we walked more, we got into the network stuff, the CBS booth and the movie previews. The Harry Potter preview.. amazing. I literally cannot wait to see it. There was a bunch of Big Bang Theory stuff. I loved seeing Sheldon's face everywhere.

All in all, it was a good experience to have. I don't know that I would ever pay to go. Its just not my thing. But, if I ever go again, I am dressing up as Penny from Big Bang Theory. It will demonstrate how out of the loop I am, but still willing to try.

And  few pictures:













and the love of my life was there <3

No comments:

Post a Comment