11 May 2010

Lies...

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." -Sir Walter Scott
I don't understand why people insist on lying about who they are. I mean, I get that when we do that its because we wanted to impress the person we are lying to. But, here's the thing. When have you ever been able to keep up with that lie? Its impossible. Eventually our true colors show. Someone ends up mad, and it ends poorly. No matter what the situation. We lie to a friend, a boyfriend, a girlfriend, a parent, a relative. Whoever it is, whatever the lie, the truth ALWAYS prevails.
Isn't it just easier to tell the truth? So you have two belly buttons. Who cares? Okay, so thats not a normal lie. But, you get the point. No matter what it is, wouldn't it just be easier to tell the truth? Because then its out in the open. And if it's something small (like that belly button thing!) it can be worked through.
But, what happens when it is kept a secret? Let's lose the belly button thing because thats making me weirded out. Let's go with hair color. If I dye my hair blonde, and tell you its my natural hair color, what happens when the truth comes out, a month, 6 months, a year, whatever, down the line. My roots grow out a little too much, I don't have the money to do it. Well now, its been a LIE. Its not just about my hair color anymore. Now its a fight, instead of a talk or a passing comment. See that?
And really, who can keep that all straight? Who you told what, what friends you need to tell the lie to. Who you need to tell people to keep it straight with. And then they have to keep it all straight. Or, you could just tell the truth.
Why make something bigger than it is? Tell it like it is. Personally, I would respond better to the truth. If you hate me, tell me that. If you love me, tell me that. Don't keep it a secret and tell me some other thing. Because, the truth always always always comes out. Because acting, after a while, gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment